Here are the Liebster Blog Award Rules:
Each nominee must answer the 11 questions.
- Link back to the one who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions for the next nominees to answer.
- Choose the next 11 nominees and link to them in your post.
- Go to their blogs/pages/sites/twitter/whatever and tell them.
- No tag backs!
1) Bad News! You were accidentally killed in a ridiculous stunt while partying with a drunken God. Good News! He feels terrible about the whole mess and has offered to return you to life. Bad News! Due to the complex and arcane rules dictating what the Gods and Goddesses can and cannot do, you cannot be revived as a human being! Good News! You can be brought back as any non-human race from fiction! Which race do you choose and why?
My inner Star Wars geek is going to have to say a Twi'Lek (I played one in Star Wars Galaxies, the MMORPG). First off, I just love the idea of a race of people whose skin color can run the entire rainbow spectrum. They're beautiful, cunning, highly adaptable, and tend to lead lives full of all sorts of wondrous debauchery. Not to mention that there's no such thing as a "bad hair day" when you have head-tails... and you'll never go bald.
2) Tomorrow at dawn you will be executed, but tonight you dine. What is your last meal?
3) Enough of Death, let’s try Life – Would you prefer mortality or immortality? If you choose mortality, how long would you like to live? Why?
Mortality. Most Immortals seem plagued by regrets and the unresolved ghosts of their pasts. That's no way to spend eternity. I have no concrete prerequisite for how long I would like to stick around for, but as I watch my parents deteriorate and fade... I think a sincere answer would be "for as long as I am still myself, and still free in body, mind and spirit."
4) Someone who knows you quite well told me that you are like an animal but I forgot which one. What animal do you think they said and why on earth would they say such a thing?
An owl. Owls are wise and very mysterious. It is my nature to "observe", and I have learned to usually keep any comments on those observations to a strict minimum. When I do act, however, I do so with little advance notice, and leave barely a trace of my passing.
5) What is the best prize you ever received and what did you do to win it?
One of my grammar school teachers gave me a little plastic fish on a plaque and called it the "Jaws Award", because I had not yet learned how to keep my big mouth shut.
6) Hot damn! They are making a movie of your life! Due to the complex and arcane rules dictating what Hollywood Gods can and cannot do, they have asked you to name who will direct this epic film and which actor/actress will play you. Who are they?
Director: Guillermo del Toro
Actor: Joe Manganiello ~ I look nothing like him, but the sex scenes would be fabulous.
7) You have been banished! What in the Nine Hells did you do to deserve Exile and where will you go?
Not sure what I would have done, but my temper would have to had played a part in it, without question. It takes a lot to set it off, but when it does go off... it's an elephant gun. LOL. My personal hell would most probably be to have to spend an eternity invisible, unseen and untouched... forever surrounded by others, but never truly a part of anyone's life.
8) We all have our moments. What is the absolute smartest and/or dumbest thing you have ever done?
Not sure if this counts or not (it probably doesn't), but one of the best kept secrets of my life is that I am one of the clumsiest people I know. Most of the dumb things I've done were birthed by that little fact.
9) What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book?
I can't narrow it down to just one, but at the top of my favorites list are: The Lord of the Rings films, The Hobbit, The Harry Potter Series and Carrie. Yes, Carrie. LOL
10) The Sphinx owes you a boon for services rendered. She has agreed to answer one question with complete honesty & accuracy. What question would you ask?
"Have I made a difference?"
11) For some crazy reason, you decided to let the party God from Question 1 borrow your house last weekend and the nut completely trashed the place! While he did agree to have it cleaned up, he feels awful all the same. To patch up your friendship he hands you a ‘Re-Do’ coin. It grants you one free ‘do-over’ for any one event in your life. Do you use it right away or hold onto it for future needs?
I would use it. This is going to sound very cliche, but I never had a chance to say "good-bye" to my aunt. She died very suddenly, and although I do know that she knew just how much I loved her, I would have truly cherished the opportunity to say it at least one more time.
...and here are my questions, kiddies:
1. If you had to choose a color that you would no longer be able to see, what would it be? Be warned, however... you would also be unable to see anything that is naturally that color.
2. At the cost of one of your five senses, you can gain the ability to speak to any one animal species. Which sense would you sacrifice, and which species would you chose to be able to communicate with?
3. To hell and back with being a superhero! A bitter streak runs through your heart, and you've taken on the role of a villain to reap your revenge. What's your name? super power(s)? and origin?
4. You are fairly sure that certain bits and pieces of your life have become the subject of a very scandalous, but very popular novel. Do you come forward and bask in the "potential" limelight, or do you hope that no one connects the dots that could eventually lead back to you?
5. You're a legitimate psychic, and can speak with those who have crossed over. However (for whatever the reason), you can only seem to ask a single question of each spirit you encounter, whether they answer honestly or not. What is the one question you would never ask?
6. A fortune, a family, or an infallible friend. You can only have one. Which and why?
7. You have the power to create the love of your life. What four traits, and what one flaw would you bestow on them?
8. You died, and are given the chance to haunt an ex-lover who had broken your heart for a whole year before moving on. Would you choose to be a helpful presence in their lives, or make it a misery?
9. You can live the life of a famous historical person for an entire year. Your actions would neither change history, nor have any other permanent negative effects. Who would you become?
10. You can live the life of a famous fictional character for an entire year. Who would you become?
11. You can switch places with someone you currently know for a single day in their lives. Your actions as that person would indeed have very real, earthly consequences. Who would you become, and what would you do?
Christine C. Benedict, Bobbi Cisse, The Dragyn's Lair, The Holly Tree, Idols of the Tribe, The iPod Witch, Lady Wolfen Mists, Narcisse Navarre, Victoria Olvieri, Roger Pratt, The Cheeky Witch, and anyone else who wishes to add their name to the roster...