Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rupaul's Drag Race: Battle of the Seasons 2013


Rupaul's Drag Race: Battle of the Seasons at Gramercy Theater
September 6th, 2013

This has been the Summer of Drag Queens. Despite having been a fan of Rupaul's Drag Race since the first episode aired and living in the New York / New Jersey area my whole life, I honestly have to confess that I had never before been to a drag show. Pandora Boxx popped my drag queen cherry with "Lick This Box" at the Laurie Beechman Theater on May 24, 2013 (see my post), and now I can't seem to get enough. It's definitely become one of my guilty pleasures, along with Apple Martinis. Since then, Brighton and I have gone to see "The Vaudevillians" starring Jinkx Monsoon as "Kitty Witless", and Major Scales as "Dr. Dan Von Dandy" (see my post), Alaska Thunderfuck in "Red for Filth" (see my post), celebrated my youngest niece's 18th birthday at LIPS (her idea), and have tickets to see "The Vaudevillians" yet again in October!

Rupaul's Drag Race: Battle of the Seasons hosted by Michelle Visage was nothing short of a Drag Queen Extravaganza full of Glamazonian Eleganza! I had been able to snag VIP Meet & Greet tickets, so we were able to get some lovely pictures with everyone as souvenirs of the evening. Brighton was initially a little starstruck (as was I), but I am so very grateful for the absolutely amazing time we both had. Everyone seemed so genuinely friendly and approachable which made the night that much more memorable and magical for us.

Brighton and I with Alaska Thunderfuck
Carmen Carrera and I (along with a few ghost orbs)
Sharon Needles and I
Detox Icunt and I
Miss Ivy Winters and I
The magnificent Jinkx Monsoon and I
being brilliantly photo-bombed by Michelle Visage
Michelle Visage and Brighton
(I can't get enough of this picture!)
Michelle Visage and I

No comments:

Post a Comment