Sunday, April 21, 2013

YouTube Treasures: Jinkx Monsoon

I absolutely adore Jinkx Monsoon! She is now in the top three of season five's Rupual's Drag Race, and I am so very happy for her! I sincerely hope she wins the title. She's amazingly talented, and seems to be such a genuinely kind person. It would be truly wonderful to see great things happen to good people for a change. She has had such an unfair amount of absolute nonsense dumped on her by some of the other contestants, but has somehow managed to take all of it with exceptional grace.

She'll be performing live in New York on July 14th in Vaudevillans, and I was able to snag a pair of VIP tickets for my boyfriend and I before the show sold out! I'm almost embarrassed to admit, but I have never ever been to a drag show, and am beyond excited that the first one I'm going to see will be Jinxk's!

Update 4.28.13
I'm a little disappointed that the video I had originally embedded into this post is no longer available. However, I was able to find an equally fabulous replacement. The magic starts at 1:11...


No comments:

Post a Comment